Finally made it to Sydney around 3 pm yesterday. It's much colder than I expected. All I have are my backpacking clothes at the moment, most of my stuff is still in transit. I did airmail one package, but it's at Josh's friends house who is out of town until Saturday.
I'm not sure what I think about the city yet. It's really beautiful, but much more "city like" than I had imagined. That's not necessarily a bad thing...just not what I had in mind. I'm going to spend the day out exploring to try and get a feel of the city and where I'd like to live. Sydney is basically comprised of several small neighborhoods within one large city, similar to NYC.
I'm staying with Josh until I get on my feet, which is really nice of him. He lives with 4 other people (he doesn't even really know their names), and the place is cold, dark, and not all that clean. It'll do for now...at least it has hot water. Rent in Sydney is sky high (along with everything else here), so it looks like I'll be roughing it for a few more months. Once I get a job (gotta work on finding one of those too), I'll try to find something better.
All in all, I'm just a little dazed about the whole situation. Arriving in Sydney has made me more homesick than ever. I miss my family, I miss my family, I miss my room, I miss my car...you get the idea.
It'll take me a few weeks, but I know I'll grow to love it.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment